Tuesday, November 11, 2014

English be difícil 8/25/2014

HELLO EVERYONE! How are you? I am fine.
This week, I had an experience that made me realize that returning home in 8 1/2 months isn't going to be very easy. Why? ENGLISH. The other day, we had exchanges and I went with another sister from the US. In the beginning, we only spoke Spanish, afterward, Spanglish, and then broken English. Really broken. How broken, you ask? I was telling her a story and I was trying to tell her "she didn't go", but in Spanish it would be "ella no fue", so my messed up brain translated it into, "she no went". You all have my permission to laugh. (We pretty much died laughing at that one.) My English in writing is normal only because I have more time to think about what I want to say.
Sometimes it still shocks me that I speak Spanish. Honestly.
Other things that happened this week... um... OH! We had an awesome ward activity! I already told you a little bit but I would rather not reveal it because I'm going to tell the missionaries when I get back so that they do it and I don't want to ruin it for you. Haha.

What else...?
Um... El Presidente is going to come to do interviews this week... I'm not worried. I actually really like interviews with El Presidente. (Usually. This will be the first one with Presidente García.) I'll let you know how that goes.

PICTURES!
1.) Awesome picture of me riding off into the not-yet-setting sun.
2.) We learned how to make flour tortillas! Apparently, we're in the part of Mexico where they have the best flour tortillas. (Pay no attention to my giant pajamas.)
3.) Apparently, there's a saying here in Mexico that if it inflates, the woman that makes it is really for marriage... Me falta 9 meses, gracias.
4.) The day of the activity it rained really hard and it was actually cold enough for a sweater!
5.) INTERCAMBIOS! (With Hna Loveland. This was at the end of the day.)

Well, I don't have a lot of time left. I hope you're enjoying my adventures in Mexico. :)

LES QUIERO MUCHO!!!!

HERMANA BEAUMONT
    Misión México Tijuana




No comments:

Post a Comment