Tuesday, November 11, 2014

CONFERENCE WEEK!!!!!!! 9/29/2014

WOOHOO!!! GENERAL CONFERENCE THIS WEEK! ARE YOU AS PUMPED AS I AM!?
Probably not. But it's cool.

This week was rather... uneventful. I mean, it had events in it, but they aren't as interesting as the week before. We had ups and downs and.... INTERCAMBIOS! and I had to go REALLY far away! (Not that far.) I had to go to TECATE! (That's where they make the Mexican beer.) and it is REALLY HILLY! I went with Hermana Leon. It's a 1 hour 30 min bus ride (ugh) but we made it on time to go eat! Aaaaand... I saw Hermana Reyna again! That was nice. (I didn't get a picture with her.) The most interesting thing from the exchanges was... our last lesson. It was with a man named Fernando. It was interesting because... he's deaf and speaks in signs. Before my sister me regaña (scolds me) Mexican Sign language is SUPER A LOT different than American Sign Language, ENTONCES it wouldn't have helped me at ALL to learn ASL before the mission. The only thing that is the same, are the letters. So, I could spell stuff out. But I did learn how to sayDiosJehová, and Jesucristo. (The sign for Jesucristo is the same in MSL ans ASL.) I also learned how to saytelevisión and some days of the week. It was quite interesting. Pero, me dio ganas de aprender los dos. (It made me feel like I should learn them both.) I didn't get any pictures with him either, but I have my memories. (I know, they won't last.) Oh, and more interesting... We were trying to teach the Law of Chastity. You all may laugh now.

Anyways, I don't really have much else to say other than PICTURES!!!!!
1.) This past monday after writing to you guys, we went to the Thrifty Ice Cream Parlor. It was DELICIOUS.
2.) Our church building is on a REALLY BIG HILL. You've already seen la vista, now to show you the other side.
3.) Two adorable children that we were teaching BUT THEY MOVED AWAY. We wanted a picture first, so this is what we took.
4.) INTERCAMBIOS! Yes, I did feel like a giant. (What can I say? I always do. Also, this is my new favorite outfit. I feel "responsible sister missionary" when I wear it.)
5.) We went to the birthday party of one Hermano and they gave him bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider... We couldn't help but give in to the temptation. XD (These are the elders in our ward... Elder Cornejo and Elder Covey.)

I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH! Until next week!

♥Hermana Beaumont


HERMANA BEAUMONT
    Misión México Tijuana






No comments:

Post a Comment