Monday, April 6, 2015

Turn and face the STRANGE ch-ch-CHANGES! 03/09/2015

So this week we received a rather interesting phone call that went something like this: "Pack your bags! You´re changing areas!" So, now we are no longer in El Dorado! We are opening an new area/white washing in Americas ward! Why both? Because we are replacing two elders that only had two weeks in this area and were opening it. So, basically, both at the same time. Fun, right? Also, we're the first sisters in the ward in over 10 years so everyone LOVES us. Haha Not only that, but we are in the same ward as our zone leaders and even though they are awesome and patient with us and help us with everything there is some pressure with having good numbers because they are the ones that put the example for the entire zone. SO, we have a LOT of work to do from now until the end of my mission (because it's pretty official; I'm going to "die" here.) But I'm really not complaining because it's great motivation.
Now, for some pictures!
1.) I ate at Carl's Jr for the first time in my life!
2.) We ate in the Elder´s sector this week and IT WAS TERRIBLE. Actually, the food was really good. It was the the walk there and back that was terrible. I don't know if, from the picture, yuo can understand the magnitude of difficulty it was to climb these hilss, but it was REALLY HARD. I felt like I was walking at a 95 degree angle!
3.) Me with the scenery. (The elders happened to be walking behind me.)
4.) "Fallen Houses". These are houses in our area that fell because of an earthquake. (We think.)
Now, for the spiritual thought of the week! (I was smart and prepared since this morning!)
"Therefore I say unto you, ctake no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than draiment?
  Behold the afowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
  Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
  And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the alilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;
  And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these.
  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.
  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
  For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
  But aseek ye first the bkingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."
In my personal study I found this scripture and, though well-known, I felt that I should share it with you guys. I really like this scripture because it reminds us that if we first seek the kingdom of heaven, we will be blessed. Jesus was trying to emphasize the importance of obedience to His word and when we obey the commandments we have the promise that we will have everything that we need, therefore let us not worry for what we will eat, what we will wear, nor how we will live. We have blessings promised us and we can only receive them if we are obedient.
·"I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." D&C 82:10
"Who am I, saith the Lord, that have promised and have not fulfilled?" D&C 58:31
Okay, that is all for now! I LOVE YOU GUYS HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK!



No comments:

Post a Comment