Saturday, January 10, 2015

I forgot to take pictures this week... 11/17/14

I am really sorry.

This week has been one of the hardest weeks of my mission. Why? REJECTION. I have been rejected more times in this past week than I had been in my entire mission. And we were working harder than ever! We were contacting, had appointments, asking for referrals... NOTHING. It wasn't until Saturday and Sunday that we had new investigators. But it's cool. Maybe all of our efforts will have fruits in this coming week. Speaking of the coming week...
TRANSFERS!!!! We will find out on Saturday where my companion will be going and who I will be receiving as my companion! (Let's face it, my companion has been here for almost 6 months. It's time for her to go.) So, we shall see what happens.

Qué mas?... Oh, our converts didn't go to church this Sunday. They woke up late. I was sad because Edgar was supposed to receive the Priesthood and now it has to wait until next week. (And now my companion won't get to be there when he passes the sacrament for the first time.)

On another note, we are teaching a really difficult investigator. His name is Gustavo. He's not difficult for keeping his commitments. He's already gone to church 3 times and has read his BoM up to Mosiah. What is difficult is that he barely believes in God and he doesn't believe in the bible. Like, for him, he knows that some great creator exists, but he has a hard time calling him God and he doesn't believe that he is a loving Heavenly Father. He doesn't want to pray because it makes him uncomfortable. We have already read with him Alma 18 and 22 and left the commitment to pray sincerely, but he has a hard time. We are going to visit him today and verify, but I really hope he has done it. Also, we are going to teach him the WoW because he has the question about why we can't drink coffee. He claims that it's good for you because he's drunken it all of his life and has literally never had to go to the doctor, never taken a pill, and never gotten an injection. We have a lot of work ahead of us. If you could just, like, pray for us. That would be great. Thanks.

Anyways, I'm not sure what else to tell you... I hope you are all well! Que tengan una bonita semana!
♥Hermana Beaumont

P.S. I feel bad because I always want to put a spiritual thought, but I either don't have time or I can't think of anything... I will try to get better at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment