Wednesday, May 28, 2014

05/05/14

Seriously. There are a bunch of jokes that San Luis is where Satan comes to vacation. They also say that San Luis Rio Colorado is the hottest place on Earth. I don't know if that's true, but it certainly feels like it. I am literally living in the desert. LITERALLY. Like, there's sand (EVERYWHERE), cacti, and not a cloud in the sky. (My companion told me that once it sprinkled outside and she and her companion had to record it in their journals because that NEVER happens.) But yeah. There's a ridiculous amount of sand here.

Interesting things that happened:
1.) We have an investigator that had been listening to the missionaries before, but had a lot of problems with drugs and whatever, and then disappeared. He reappeared on Monday or Tuesday (I don't remember) and is completely clean. Not only that, but he already has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and has been preaching the gospel to people. Yeah. The only two things that he's missing is to get married to his girlfriend/mother of his child and go to church two more Sundays. It's pretty legit.
2.) We got an object lesson from a inactive member of the church. He knows a lot and has a really strong testimony, but can't seem to bring himself to go to church on Sunday. (He promised us he would go, but didn't show. Sad day.)

Interesting things that are going to happen:
We're going to have a baptism on Wednesday! It's an investigator that my companion had been teaching before with her other companion.

What else... Um.... I have no clue. I'm doing okay, other than the fact that I feel like I'm melting all the time and I have to meticulously use sunscreen to keep from getting burned. Pray for me please!

Two Pictures!
1.) Eating watermelon in una Llantera! 
2.) Scripture of the day and a monkey!

LES QUIERO MUCHO!
♥Hermana Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment