Tuesday, December 24, 2013

SEMANA 1: ESTOY EN ROSARITO!!!!!!!!! 12/23/2013

HOLA EVERYONE!

So, I don't have a WHOLE lot of time, and there's a lot I would like to tell you, so I am going to tell you as much as I can in a few minutes.

I absolutely LOVE it here! I do! My companion is great and is helping me a lot. Her name is Hna. Maldonado. We have a few progressing investigators already that have baptismal dates. I thought it would be weird to extend the baptismal invitation in the first lesson, but it's actually pretty simple. :)

Spanish is... bleh. It's really hard to understand a lot of people because they don't enunciate and they talk MUY RAPIDO. I actually have a goal right now of speaking ONLY Spanish for three days straight. (My companion understands English and speaks better than she gives herself credit for) The only time I'm allowed to say anything in English is when I say, "Cómo se dice ____ ?" and when I skype with mi familia mañana. :)

Um.... Let's see... Here, I am often greeted by the hermanas in the ward with a kiss on the right cheek. At first I was like, "What the heck!?" but now I'm getting used to it. I AM ASSIMILATING. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. lol

Um... we're planning on going to the beach one of these P-days. :) I CAN SEE THE OCEAN FROM THE CHAPEL. And one of the members lives on a huge hill and I got to watch a sunset over the ocean. It was really fast! (Picture attached.)

Also, we went to a ward "Posada". It's something to do with Christmas and I don't really have time to explain it, but I'm sure you can figure it out if you look it up. Also, people danced and we were extremely sad, so Hna. Maldonado and I drowned our sorrows in delicious donuts. (Picture attached)

I have so much more to say, but there isn't time! So I will have to do it next time! And share more pictures! I'm sorry I can't say more! LES AMO MUCHO!!!!!

♥ Hermana Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment