Wednesday, March 5, 2014

2/10/14

OKAY EVERYONE! This week, I made a list of things that I wanted to say to you so that I wouldn´t run out of things to say! WOOHOO!

Tomorrow, someone special is coming to talk to the whole mission... THE SECOND COUNSELOR OF THE PRESIDING BISHOPRIC, DEAN M. DAVIES. AAAAAND... I´m going to be singing! WOOHOO! (In a group, but it´s still pretty cool.) And then later there´s going to be an Easter Concert that I will be singing in too. :)

Something that I have been meaning to talk about, is a family in the ward. The Hermano is from... Japan. Like, legit. His first language is Japanese and he also speaks English, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese. His wife is from Mexico. And they have the most adorable kids on the planet. Not just that, but we´re going to be visiting his mother some. She basically only speaks Japanese and a little bit of English. It´s going to be interesting.

Basically every week now, I am asked to sing. And the most time I have recieved in advance, is three days. Yeah.

We are currently teaching a couple that is basically GOLDEN. They both want to be baptized and the only thing they have to do is get married! (It´s set for the 28th.) Pretty awesome.

Here is a list of Mexican food that I wish my family to learn to make before I get back: Pozole, Caldo, Enchiladas (real ones), and Tostadas.

Here there is this thing called "Sobreruedas". (Not sure if it´s one or two words) But it´s basically a Mexican flea market. I bought a blazer (which, who knew? is required for conferences and stuff) for 15 pesos! That´s a little more than a dollar! WOOHOO!

I was mauled by a cat. Don´t worry, I cleaned it really well. It shouldn´t get infected. (Picture to come)

Yesterday, Presidente Carreón came to our ward! Big surprise! But he told me that my Spanish is "excelente" and so I feel super awesome right now. He also said that my accent is also "excelente". :3 I´m pretty special guys.

One of our investigators doesn´t speak Spanish as a first language... He speaks a dialect called, "Purepeche" (I´m not sure if that´s how it´s spelled.) But it´s really difficult sometimes because he doesn´t always understand us. :P

MEXICAN CANDY: I have crossed over! There is a sucker called "Vero Elotes" that I tried once in high school that I thought was the nastiest thing on the planet. I ate one yesterday. All of it. AND I ENJOYED IT. (It´s basically a strawberry flavored sucker coated in chile powder.) I HAVE CROSSED OVER. When I go home, I´M GONNA BE MEXICAN. bahaha Not really, but yes, really.

Oh, and there´s a family in the ward that wants to set me up with their son that´s serving his mission in Mexico City.... Bahahaha no.

Okay, for this week´s spiritual part, I would like to bear my testimony on the Restoration. My testimony of the Restoration has grown DRAMATICALLY since I have been on my mission. I just want to share that I KNOW that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and that by the power of God, he was able to translate the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God´s true church. I know that the priesthood is the power that God has given to man to act in His name. 

Now, for the last part of my e-mail before the pictures.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WORK WITH THE MISSIONARIES IN YOUR WARDS. SHARE THE GOSPEL WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND EVERYONE. GIVE REFERENCES TO THE MISSIONARIES, AND THEN GO WITH THEM TO THE APPOINTMENTS TO SEE THESE PEOPLE! PLEASE. The people in our ward hardly work with us! Yes, they give us food, but they don´t help with the Work! Our job is to teach lessons and give service. The missionaries are there to help you! We hear all the time, "Let´s do all we can to help the missionaries!" NO. We are in your wards to help YOU! Every person with a testimony should be sharing it with everyone they meet! I just wish that I had been better before my mission!

LES QUIERO MUCHO!

♥Hermana Beaumont

Pic 1: My wound. (From the cat.)

Pic 2: The Hermanas of Barrio Rosarito with our Mission President and his wife. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment