Monday, February 10, 2014

02/03/2014

I don't have a catchy beginning this week.

This week was relatively boring actually. A lot of our appointments weren't there (I feel ya, Hermana Poole) and since the failed baptism we went from having 9 investigators with a baptismal date to having 3. Yeah. It stinks. BUT I'm okay! I'm going to learn something from it and that's what's important! I'm just not sure what yet...
I still like the food and I think my body has adjusted to it. (Which is good. I don't want to get sick again.)
I have received a request to talk more about spiritual stuff, so I am going to try. Believe it or not, I've actually had a bit of trouble emotionally. Almost to the point of wanting to go home. (I'm usually okay by Monday though, that's why you haven't heard anything about it until now.) There was a point that I was so down and didn't know what to do and I couldn't stop crying. I legitimately wanted to go home. So, I went and prayed. I was praying for 10-15 minutes (Yeah I know, I'm not Enos.) when I received my answer. I had lost faith in myself and just felt that I couldn't do it. But I got the answer that I need to work. To focus solely on the Work and on my investigators. That if I had faith in God and in Jesus Christ, I could continue. Afterward, I found a scripture that I felt fit perfectly. It's Alma 26:12: "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." Since then, I have had more of a drive to work and to stay positive and while there are still some things that are hard and sometimes I am too hard on myself. I will say though, I have had two dreams (nightmares for me) that for some reason I had to go home after only three months in the mission (pretty much like right now) and both times I woke up happy to be on my mission! I think that God sent them to me to help keep my perspective.
I promise I'm okay now. I don't want to go home quite yet and, despite the lack of investigators, I'm okay. I promise!
And this computer won't let me send pictures! I'm sorry! (It's a different place than normal. I'll send some next week!)
Sorry I don't have much today! I don't have a lot of time!
LES QUIERO MUCHO!!!!
♥ Hermana Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment