Thursday, January 16, 2014

HOLA EVERYONE! 01/13/14



I HAVE BEEN IN MEXICO FOR ALMOST A MONTH! OH MY GOSH. (It will be a month on Thrusday. Which also, incidentally, is Hna. Maldonado's birthday.)

Hmm... What can I tell you? 
On Monday we had a zone activity where we played volleyball and went to eat giant tacos again. 

On Tuesday, nothing of import happened.

Wednesday, however, we had... INTERVIEWS WITH THE MISSION PRESIDENT! BUM BUM BUUUUUM! JK It was actually really cool. And even more impresive: It was totally in Spanish. AND I UNDERSTOOD IT. :O He told me that my accent is "Muy bueno" and not like a gringo (lol Thanks Mom!) and that he expects that if I work hard, in two more months (when my training is finished) I will speak Spanish really well. We talked about my fear of speaking and of making mistakes, and afterward, when he asked me if there was something he could help me with, I asked him to give me a blessing to help with my Spanish and with my fear. It also was in Spanish AND I UNDERSTOOD EVERY WORD. I have been working on speaking a lot more now and I think I'm improving. (Hna. Maldonado would tell you that I am.) After the interviews, we had an appointment, so we went. It was with the investigator that pulled out the beer. We taught the Word of Wisdom. (This time his wife was there.) He committed to stop drinking coffee and alcohol and I think when we visit next time to follow up, we're going to ask him to stop smoking. (One step at a time.) Unfortunately, he and his wife aren't progressing investigators because they never come to church. :( But we're going to continue visiting them and hopefully they'll attend soon. :P After the lesson, we had to go back to the church to lock up. When we got there, they were still having entrevistas (interviews) with the Hermanas from Porticos. When they were done, Presidente Carreón gave us a ride, but on our way, he decided to stop at the beach! So we got out, and just so you know, It is a MISSION RULE: We are NOT allowed to walk on the sand! We have to stay on the sidewalk away from the beach or on a puente over the water. PERO, one of the other sisters asked if we could possibly walk on the sand, and Presidente dijo, "...CLARO QUE SI!" AND WE WALKED ON THE SAND. I WAS SO EXCITED. AND WE TOOK PICTURES! (Which I will be sending you guys.) It was the first and last time that I will be setting foot on the sand during the course of my mission. So I took a picture of my feet too. :P

Thursday and Friday were boring in comparison. :P We had lessons and visited people, you know, missionary stuff.

Saturday, we had Capacitación Misional, where we met as a zone and talked about our goals and stuff. Afterward, we took a huge zone picture. (which I will send as well)
Sunday was Stake Conference, where we watched a broadcast from Salt Lake. It was ONLY broadcast to the Northern part of Mexico and D. Todd Christofferson and Robert D. Hales spoke. Something I didn't know: D. Todd Christofferson SPEAKS SPANISH. FLUENTLY. And his accent is decent too. :P Fun fact of the day. (As does Craig C. Christiansen(sp?) who was conducting. His accent was not so good.

Another fun fact: THEY HAVE KINDER EGGS HERE! :D So every once in a while, I buy one. (I've done so twice.) This time, it was Spongebob themed. :) (O, en Español, Bob Esponja.) (I have pictures of the egg and of my prize. Hna. Maldonado gave me her prize because she doesn't like Spongebob. Hers is the Squidward.)

Not sure what else to tell you, but I think I'm going to spend the rest of the time sending pictures, so... HASTA LUEGO! LES AMO MUCHO!

♥ Hermana Beaumont


No comments:

Post a Comment