Monday, February 10, 2014

HOLA A TODO! 01/20/2014

Sorry it´s so late! We were really busy today.

So... Not sure what to write about this week. Everything is going well and I'm improving every day. :)

Muchas personas me dijeron que mi Español está mejorando cada día, y también que mi acento es muy bien. Actually, one of the Hermanas in my district told me that I have an Argentinian accent. Not entirely sure what that means, but it´s better than a "gringa" accent. ;P

On Thursday and Friday we had... BUM BUM BUM---- INTERCAMBIOS!!!!!! And I was assigned to be with Hna. Aleman. (Ah-leh-mahn) It went well, despite the fact that I don´t know my area! Anyone that knows me well, knows that I´m TERRIBLE with directions. Like, legit terrible. We got lost twice. It was by the grace of God that we made it to ALL of our appointments! 

Umm... ¿Qué más? I´ll be having my first baptism on Thursday! Woohoo!

I feel so drained of information! An hour ago I had a million things to tell you!

OH! We´re moving houses! The apartment in which we are currently living is, as my companion says, "BIEN FEO!" Hna Carreón (Mission Pres. wife) came and looked at it and asked us how we´ve been living there for so long and told us that we need to move ASAP. Our new place is farther from the chapel, but closer to the members and investigators and has a view of the ocean. :)

(If there´s anything weird about this e-mail, it's because I'm using a funky keyboard.)

Umm.... What else? (BTW, I´m going to try to send you guys more pictures in a little bit) Oh! The other day we were at a baptism for the other ward and it was one of the English speakers. (There´s a group of people in our wards that don´t speak a LICK of Spanish.) I was talking to them, but I was thinking in Spanish! So I ended up speaking in Spanglish a lot. It was a little confusing for the both of us. lol I have yet to dream in Spanish, but when I do you will be the first ones to know. :)

The pictures in this e-mail are 1.) The view of the ocean from ON the beach and 2.) Me and some of the other sisters with Presidente Carreón ON THE BEACH! (Hna. Chavarria was taking the picture.)

Ummm... What else...... Thus far, I love Rosarito. It´s hard to be a missionary sometimes and I have a lot of things to learn, but I´m looking forward to continuing on and doing my best.

Random: Today we were in a taxi, and two of the songs that played were "If I had a Hammer" and "Dancing Queen". It was interesting. lol

Sometimes it´s really hard because there will be music playing in the streets that I used to dance to at Latin Dance, and I´m just like, "I WANT TO DANCE!" lol My companion is the same way. There´s a lot of Cumbia music here though, so it´s not so sad. (I´m not the hugest fan of Cumbia)

What else? I don´t know. I think that´s all. I only have a few more pictures to send you guys and that will be it. :)

LES QUIERO MUCHO!!!!!!

♥ Hermana Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment