Monday, August 19, 2013

Hey!

So, I have been practicing praying in Spanish. I say my personal morning and evening prayers in Spanish and when I have lunch, I use a really simple prayer to bless it. Last night though, I had my room to myself and decided to pray orally in Spanish. (Which, by the way, I have never even done in English before. At least, not for my personal prayer.) I felt the Spirit so strongly! It was wonderful! I plan on doing that a lot more often, which will just mean that I have to go to bed long before my sister. (Joy.)

I need to read my scriptures more often. It's hard for me to find the motivation after being at work all day and just wanting to relax. :P

So a couple of weeks ago, the sisters in my ward were talking to the Relief Society about a ward missionary effort that they needed help starting and at the end, they told us that they loved all of us. A year ago, I would have rolled my eyes and been all, "Yeah, right. You don't even know all of us!" (In my head of course.) But now that I have my call, I completely understand. The sisters that serve in your wards and stakes love you. They have loved you since the moment that they opened up their mission calls! I love the people of México! I have since the moment I opened my mission call! I am overwhelmed with the love that I feel towards them and with the love that I know that the sisters in my ward have for me and for the other members in my ward and for all the people that they have yet to meet that are waiting to learn the gospel from them. As those sisters spoke to the Relief Society sisters, I looked around the room at women around me and thought, "NO. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. THEY REALLY DO LOVE YOU." It's a wonderful, beautiful, and extremely overwhelming feeling of love and joy and I really can't wait to serve the people of México. I am so excited.

<3 Hermana Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment